Humanities Montana, a vibrant statewide nonprofit organization, seeks an executive assistant to begin June 26, 2017 in our Missoula office.
Application Deadline: June 16 or until position filled.
The position description and required skills are provided below. Please submit a resume and a detailed letter of application indicating how your training, experience, and talents fit the position description. Include the names and contact information for at least three references who can speak to your effectiveness in a work place setting.
This will be a 25-hour per week position at $13.00/hour.
- Assists executive director's planning and executing occasional special events, including biennial Governor's Humanities Awards ceremony
- Plans and manages board meetings three times a year
- Assists executive director with fundraising, including researching prospects, checking progress on cultivation plans, recording all contacts with donors and prospects in constituent management system, creating donor thank you letters, and planning executive director's advancement trips
- Manages day-to-day operations of cultural nonprofit, including processing mail and payments, routing phone messages, mailing checks, entering payments in program management system, assuring smooth flow of work through office, and maintaining office supply inventories
- Organizes and manages office files (including archiving)
- Manages Humanities Montana contact database with assistance from digital communications specialist
- Records all program cost share in program management system and maintains cost share spreadsheets for other sources; creates cost-share reports for audits
- Supervises work study students who provide clerical assistance to staff
Please note that the position will require occasional travel to board meetings and other Humanities Montana events. The executive assistant will be paid time and a half for hours worked above 25/week, as approved by the executive director.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in an office requiring coordination and cooperation among team members
- Facility with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with event planning (booking meeting rooms, contracting with caterers, planning and executing promotion of event, etc.)
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong work ethic and commitment to following through on assigned tasks
- B.A. in humanities field
- Experience and facility working with a constituent database (storing information about events attended, donations made, etc.)
- Experience with donor cultivation and solicitation processes
- Experience supervising employees