Humanities Montana, a vibrant statewide nonprofit organization, seeks a program officer to begin June 13, 2016 in our Missoula office.
The position description and required skills are provided below. Please submit a resume and a detailed letter of application indicating how your training, experience, and talents fit the position description. Include the names and contact information for at least three references who can speak to your effectiveness in a work place setting.
This will be a 40-hour per week position at $16.00/hour. Full benefits available, including health insurance, retirement, and sick and vacation leave.
- Works with director of programs and grants to manage all Humanities Montana programs. Responsibilities include working with hosting organizations and presenters, handling program queries, maintaining and updating all applications and guidelines, compiling and tracking program data, and creating new programming as warranted.
- Works with director of programs and grants on outreach to cultural institutions such as schools, libraries and museums. Represents Humanities Montana at statewide meetings and events.
- Researches, writes, and submits grant proposals to support programs in coordination with director of programs and grants.
- Prepares program reports to National Endowment for the Humanities and other funding agencies.
- Responsible for marketing and external communications through press releases, newsletter, social media, PSAs, public calendar submissions, and other publications.
- Position could include taking a lead in planning and managing advertising design, graphic design, and production of all print materials, working closely with graphic designer as needed.
Please note that the position will require occasional travel to board meetings and other Humanities Montana events.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a humanities field
- Experience with program design and management, ideally in the humanities
- Experience working in an office requiring coordination and cooperation among team members
- Facility with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong work ethic and commitment to following through on assigned tasks
- Experience and facility with developing marketing materials
- Experience with grant writing
- Experience managing a database