1974 - 1974
1974 Major Accomplishments
- The Committee’s new theme is “Private Rights and Public Choices.”
- Regrants include a second “Montana Land Use Conference,” “Montana Local Government Review” town meetings, “Should Religious Values Influence Politics?” conference, and film documentary “Outside the Melting Pot.”
- Director Bruce Sievers resigns to become founding director of the California Humanities Council.
- The Committee appoints Margaret Kingsland acting director, and later, director.
- Sievers and Kingsland attend a first meeting of western state humanities council directors, from which the idea of a regional, and later, a national, Federation of State Humanities Councils, is born.