1996 - 1996
1996 Major Accomplishments
- MCH initiates HUMTALK, Internet discussion list linking all state humanities councils, the Federation, and NEH.
- Establishes its website and creates another Internet listserv for ongoing discussion of humanities in Montana.
- “Montana Visions, Montana Values: A Conference on Civic Culture in Montana.”
- Governor’s Humanities Awards: Joe McDonald, Antoinette Hagener, Dan Cushman.
- White House awards former Missoula Mayor Dan Kemmis a Charles Frankel Prize.
- “Sacred Journey of the Nez Perce.”
- MCH Endowment established with Montana Community Foundation.