2006 - 2006
2006 Major Accomplishments
- Key Ingredients: America By Food tours Butte, Libby, Conrad, Huntley, and Colstrip; concludes its tour in 2007 in Bigfork.
- “Humanities Boutique.”
- One Book Montana is Ivan Doig’s This House of Sky.
- The seventh Montana Festival of the Book features William Kittredge, Barry Lopez, Ivan Doig, Jess Walter, Greg Mortensen, Kirby Larson, Dorothy Patent, David James Duncan, David Quammen, and many others; attracts more than 6,000.
- Notable grants include book festivals in Helena and Meagher County; publication of Dennis Swibold’s The Copper Chorus: Mining, Politics, and the Montana Press, 1889-1959; “Montana By Food” photo exhibit; Montana Mosaic teachers’ institute; Montana Indian Education for All conference; Champions of the World documentary.
- MCH hosts biennial meeting of Western Humanities Directors.
- Jamie Doggett appointed by the White House, confirmed by the Senate, to a six-year term on the National Humanities Council.
- Yvonne Gritzner retires after fifteen years with MCH.
- Major governance and other changes enacted.