2005 - 2005
2005 Major Accomplishments
- MCH and its Montana Center for the Book are honored by the Library of Congress with the Daniel Boorstin Award for excellence in promoting Montana literature, libraries, and literacy.
- Farcountry Press publishes Eat Our Words: Montana Writers’ Cookbook, a fund-raiser for the Montana Center for the Book.
- The 2006 Montana Festival of the Book attracts an audience of some 4,700, featuring gala readers Rick Bass, Sandra Alcosser, and James Crumley.
- Governor’s Humanities Award honorees include Art Ortenberg and Liz Claiborne, Jamie Doggett, Darrell Kipp, Joseph Mussulman, and Bob and Pauline Poore.
- One Book Montana features Diane Smith’s Letters From Yellowstone.
- Major grants include the publication of Beaver Steals Fire by the University of Nebraska Press and the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes, the Big Sky Documentary Film Festival, Missoula, “The Historical Jesus in the 21st Century,” Rocky Mountain College, Billings, and the “Burton K. Wheeler and the Coming of the War,” Wheeler Center, Bozeman.