2004 - 2004
2004 Major Accomplishments
- MCH wins its fourth Schwartz Prize from the Federation of State Humanities Councils, honoring the nation’s outstanding public humanities program.
- One Book Montana features James Welch’s Fools Crow.
- Letters About Literature attracts more than 600 Montana entries.
- Outstanding regrants include “The Bill of Rights: Alive and Well, or Under Siege?”, publication of The Salish People and the Expedition of Lewis and Clark, the documentary “Evelyn Cameron: Photographing Montana,” the “Children of Children” exhibit at Southgate Mall in Missoula; and an update and revision of the nationally-acclaimed “Discovering Lewis & Clark” website.
- The fifth Montana Festival of the Book features a special edition of NPR’s “Selected Shorts” program, gala readers Mark Spragg, James Lee Burke, and Chuck Palahniuk.